Stamford’s 2015 Independence Day Fireworks event will be held on Thursday, July 2.
The event will include more firework shells than the 2014 show and feature entertainment by DJ More than Music throughout the evening at Cummings Park and West Beach beginning at 6 p.m. The fireworks show will be put on by Bay Fireworks sat 9 p.m.
The rain date is Friday, July 3.
With several Stamford corporations expressing a willingness to sponsor the event, the city expects the event to be supported by the Stamford business community, Mayor David Martin said in a statement. T
“The fireworks show is one of the city’s signature events of the year and I am pleased to see residents, city officials and our corporate community coming together to celebrate our nation’s independence,” Martin said.
Admission is free.
- No parking either side of Shippan Avenue from Wallace Street to the Magee Avenue intersection as of 3 P.M.
- No parking on the left side of Iroquois, Wampanaw and Rippowam roads as of 3 P.M.
- No parking on the south side of Myrtle Avenue from the intersection with Elm Street to #162 Myrtle as of 3 P.M.
- At 8 P.M. the intersection of Shippan/Magee will be closed to southbound traffic. Resident only access at that time. At 8:30 P.M. Magee Ave. will be closed to traffic.
- At 9 P.M., Shippan Avenue from Wallace St. north will become one way northbound only (2 lanes). Magee Avenue will be one way northbound only (2 lanes).
After the Show
- Traffic exiting Shippan Point will be directed north onto Magee Avenue and west onto Jefferson (Urban Transitway) for access to Canal St., Atlantic St. Washington Blvd., I-95.
- Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Shippan Avnue. will be directed north onto Shippan Ave to access Elm St., Myrtle Ave, I-95, E. Main St.
- Traffic exiting Cummings Park via Soundview Ave. will utilize Soundview Ave or Willowbrook Ave to Cove Rd.
- Foot traffic at Cummings Park will be released first, followed by vehicles.